Leading and also building a fast-growing Customer Acquisition team, this Director of Customer Acquisition will be responsible for customer acquisition strategy and implementation across Display, Facebook Paid, SEO, SEM, Co-registration, etc. He/She will be driving new email subscriber and mobile app user quantity, quality, and ROI. This role will be reporting into VP of Marketing and be expected to help build out a large customer acquisition team.
- Set overall acquisition strategy that will deliver hyper growth and lead tactical execution of display, organic search, paid search, co-reg, landing page optimization.
- Develop new channels for subscriber growth and expand market share.
- Create A/B testing plan, lead the implementation to optimize campaigns, redesign creative and promote value proposition.
- Work closely with finance team on pacing acquisition spend and ROI, forecast, customer analytics, attribution tracking, while closely monitoring and reporting key metrics and develop immediate action plans to optimize campaign performance.
- Make recommendations to executive team of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for customer acquisition and conversion.
- Works closely with Product, Data Operations and Engineering teams to develop and execute on roadmap of functional and technological capability enhancements to drive marketing spend efficiency and better customer experience.
- Closely watch the competitive landscape and best practices and proactively react to market actions and customer needs by improving plans and operational activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Concentrated in Marketing, Statistics, or Business-related fields.
- 8+ years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing or B2C marketing with a focus in customer acquisition.
- 5+ years of experience in planning, developing, and managing marketing budgets (e.g. million dollars annually) preferred.
- Proven success in managing Display channel/media buying, incl. Display with direct response marketing and sophisticated targeting, e.g. paid facebook/paid social; and expertise in SEM campaigns, SEO, bidding, and online merchandising.
- Ability to provide SEO recommendations: target keywords, meta descriptions, header tags, etc.
- Expertise in Google Analytics , Google Adwords, Microsoft Adcenter, and Yahoo Gemini knowledge Experience in developing highly targeted campaigns based on data and analytics.
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring A/B testing and related statistics.
- Data manipulation in MS Excel; SQL skills is a plus.
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify issues, trends, or exceptions and make recommendations to drive strategic and tactical improvements.
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment; Highly resourceful, and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Very hands-on with the tactics; can-do approach and willing to be held accountable for business results.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills – with individuals at all levels and in all departments of the organization.
About Brad's Deals
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven curated shopping guide site with ever-growing monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.