At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life.
We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from ‘I want that’ to ‘that’s on the way’ in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you’ll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and algorithms in Seattle. You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon’s new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivilent work experience
· 7+ years of professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++ or Objective C
· Experience building large-scale online services.
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.