As a Senior Content Strategist at Brad’s Deals, you’ll be both gatekeeper and key master for our consumer-facing lifestyle and personal finance blog, More for Less, helping us to conceptualize, create, and promote high quality and authoritative content. In this role on our Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of content creation including brainstorming, scheduling, editing, and optimizing articles, supporting cross-departmental campaigns, and finding new ways to leverage the blog to grow both our audience and our revenue.
- Develop overall marketing campaign content strategy.
- Schedule, assign, and manage the blog editorial calendar.
- Grow blog-generated revenue via content strategy implementation.
- Edit blog posts for grammar, flow, and brand voice.
- Coordinate editorial calendar with other internal teams including but not limited to email, paid marketing, social media, and public relations.
- Analysis of content performance including site analytics, revenue, and media impact.
- Monitor the competitive landscape for technical and content trends.
- Create SEO-driven, well-optimized, compelling, and honest headlines.
- Contribute to PR efforts, pitching stories to journalists and occasionally serving as a spokesperson in media interviews.
- Research online shopper and consumers’ behavior and needs, and quickly apply Brad’s Deals brand image, value proposition and voice of customers into marketing communications/collaterals.
- 4+ years of content marketing experience, including 2+ year managing and editing an online publication.
- BA in Journalism, Communications, English, or related discipline.
- Strong and fast writing and editing skills.High level of comfort with AP style and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with A/B headline testing.
- Prior experience in journalism and/or PR.
- Strong background in personal finance, travel, or related subject matter.
- Solid grasp of content optimization for SEO.
- Prior experience with affiliate marketing is strongly desired.
About Brad's Deals
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven curated shopping guide site with ever-growing monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2001, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.