About the Role
As VP of People, your immediate focus is to create a growth environment where our people can thrive, ensuring that we can achieve our vision and mission as a business because our people are motivated and have the skills and clear direction that they need to do their best work every day. The main focus areas include building out our people infrastructure (i.e. managing the employee lifecycle & experience), supporting the development of a healthy and thriving culture, and ensuring employee alignment around our vision and business strategy (organizational alignment and communications). You will be a key partner in building the Farmer’s Fridge employer brand!
In short, we are looking for a talented and people operations-oriented dynamo who loves being on the forefront of creation, but must have a demonstrated track record of rapidly delivering results in an emerging company or team. You must be nimble, smart, willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirt under your fingernails and to walk in our kitchen, hop on a delivery route, and present in board rooms. Most importantly, you love creating scalable and repeatable processes out of vision & ideas.
What You Are:
Excited to join a purpose-driven business whose mission is to make fresh, wholesome food more available to all. Passionate about attracting employees who live and breathe our mission, and setting them up for success to do the best work of their lives at Farmer’s Fridge. You are scrappy and resourceful, and while you may have played different roles in your organization, your career has centered around building best in class people systems and growing a healthy culture to support the rapid growth of a new business. It is a fast-paced environment, and this positon will give you the experience to catapult your career.
What you are not: Slow paced. Timid. A follower. Afraid of change. Looking for an army of people or resources to get anything done.
About The Team:
You will work alongside a highly passionate team, and will report to the Chief Growth Officer in the newly established Farmer’s Fridge Growth Office. You will initially have 2-3 direct reports.
- Built a people function with demonstrated ingenuity;
- Worked in a high-growth environment;
- The ability to operationalize scalable, repeatable people processes;
- Built an employer brand;
- Comfort with exempt, non-exempt, and contractors;
- Managed a team (people & a budget);
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer’s Fridge mission that everyone deserves the chance to eat better;
- Collaborated with (or directly managed) HR administrative functions;
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows – we are a new place every quarter!
- One of the best benefits is our fantastic team. You will get to work with a phenomenal group of individuals that are passionate about making people’s lives happier through food they can trust.
- Traditional Benefits including health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 10 paid holidays and paid time off.
- Daily Fridge Credit that you can use at any Farmer’s Fridge location for up to $10 off one meal each day.
- Monthly Phone Bill Credit: For employees who use their personal phone for business related work (up to $50).
- Professional Development and Training Opportunities: We are focused on growth and development for our team and invest in our employees though a variety of trainings, development opportunities, networking events, and more.
- Clarity Breaks: Once a week, we offer flexibility for our staff to step away from their routine to reflect on larger company strategy, major projects, and top priorities.
- Wellness Opportunities: We offer wellness activities for team members, based in both relaxation and team building including company-wide sports leagues, yoga, and more.
- Social Events: We take time to celebrate the wins and connect with people across locations through lunches, mixers, BBQs, and other gatherings. Team members are often encouraged to bring their family and friends along to these events.
- Community Service Opportunities: Our team routinely joins with community partners (schools, nonprofit organizations, etc.) and participates in events that are aligned with our Core Values.
- Spontaneous Events: The team often gets together in small groups or as an entire team to grab coffee, go for a walk, and many other impromptu events!
About Farmers Fridge
We have a hunch—let’s call it a gut feeling—that happiness starts in your stomach. That’s why we’ve set out to remove the roadblocks to eating wholesome, delicious food. Our revolutionary self-service Fridges put chef-curated meals and snacks in your hands, in seconds. We work around the clock to fill our jars with fresh ingredients every day, get them settled in our Fridges every morning, and donate any un-purchased food to community members in need every night. Not to mention, they’re always available where you find yourself wishing there was real food that was really, really good. Our jars may be little, but we hope the goodness we put in them gives you a big smile.