At Brad’s Deals, we are committed to creating the consumer advantage by delivering researched savings and expert advice. As part of our Editorial team, you’ll be at the core of our business: finding and posting the best deals available online every day. Deal Editors are passionate consumer advocates and expert online shoppers who leave no stone unturned in their hunt for the lowest prices and biggest savings.
If you are looking for a boring clock-in and clock-out job, this isn’t the one for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy using your problem-solving skills and ingenuity daily while working where high-quality standards and integrity are essential, please continue reading.
- Identifying, writing, and publishing the internet’s best deals based on thousands of retailers.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for our deal content. We never publish a deal unless it is something we would recommend to a friend or family member.
- Strategic, thoughtful work that directly impacts our company’s bottom line. You’ll be evaluating deal performance with our data tools daily.
- Communicating directly with readers in our comments and helping them resolve problems they are having.
- Excellent command of the written word and comfort working with style guides. Work experience as a writer or editor preferred.
- The ability to write in the Brad’s Deals voice and self-edit in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- A passion for hunting down information online with a well-defined internal BS detector.
- A knack for online shopping and understanding consumer behavior.
- A keen awareness of popular trends, products, and brands within specific verticals.
- The ability to work an atypical schedule that will involve regular weekend work on a permanent basis, as well as the expectation of working many holidays. This is not a standard 9-5 role.
- Enjoy developing strategic relationships within the company and with our retail partners.
- Communicate comfortably and professionally with retail partners.
- Frequently multi-task and balance multiple projects at once in a time-sensitive environment.
- Work constructively and positively with others while acting as a gatekeeper and delivering critical feedback.
- Primarily post deals submitted by retailers and marketplace sellers through an internal portal.
- Review a high volume of potential deals daily with a very critical eye.
- Use data on previous deal performance to prioritize deal posting.
- Provide rejection feedback that is honest, helpful, and courteous.
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing which of the specializations outlined above is best aligned with your interests and experiences, as well as any product verticals in which you have experience. You can find the verticals we cover here: https://www.bradsdeals.com/
- Three original sample deals that you would post as a Brad’s Deals Editor. Your deals should relate to the verticals in which you have the expertise and should emulate the tone and style of deals on our site as closely as possible
- Salary Type: Annual