Total Years Experience :2 to 4 years
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, the Philippines, and India.
We are looking for a Data Scientist interested in solving one of the world’s largest problems: financial inclusion. Our team is doing cutting edge work in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning, using unique data to give people in emerging markets access to something that they’ve never had before – credit. Our Data Scientists work directly with Credit, Engineering, and Data Analytics teams to develop and iterate models that promote our vision of financial access for a billion people in emerging markets around the world. We leverage a unique, diverse, and deep data set, including text, network analysis, and image recognition, you’ll be surprised by the connections between our different data sources! If you are motivated to change the world through financial freedom and love working with people and data to achieve this mission, we want you here at Tala.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a unique, diverse, and deep data set to find connections across these data sources. Communicate findings to the team and integrate them into models.
- Own the full-cycle of a model from ideation and training through deployment into our production environment. This might be a credit model, fraud model, marketing model, or an iteration of an existing model.
- Monitor model performance once deployed and iterate rapidly if necessary.
- Contribute and share your findings and knowledge of data science and another modeling with all appropriate cross-functional teams.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in a data science role or equivalent position
- Fluent in Python and packages related to machine learning
- Experience with maintaining data science models in a production environment
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Type: Annual
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs