We’re seeking an experienced human resources (HR) professional to lead our HR capability. This individual will be accountable for the recruitment, development, retention, and support of Kenway’s employees with our Why and Guiding Principles always at the forefront. This leader will build solid relationships that foster a culture of integrity, trust, growth mindset, collaboration, inclusion, and camaraderie.
The right leader will be a cultural steward, proven problem solver, counselor, and HR thought leader willing to “roll up their sleeves” when necessary, to drive the HR disciplines for a high-growth company in the fast-moving management and technology consulting industry.
Overall, the person will be accountable for talent acquisition, talent development, employee engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), performance management, compensation, benefits, and other HR administration needs.
Depending on amount of experience across the key areas of responsibility, compensation ranging from $105,000 – $135,000 plus benefits and quarterly performance bonus opportunity based on company and individual performance. Compensation is inclusive of base salary plus 25% SEP IRA employer contribution.
Talent Acquisition and Development
- Assess current talent acquisition and development approaches to create and execute a cohesive strategy for acquiring and growing talent at all levels that aligns to company culture. Ensure the company is well positioned to attract the highest caliber of people with the right skills at the right time in alignment with strategic objectives and growth goals.
- Manage the interview process from beginning to end ensuring that candidate and interviewer communication is swift and effective.
- Leverage data driven analysis to assess and continuously improve talent acquisition and development.
- Recommend, organize, or facilitate training and management development programs. Create or find programs that help with the development needs of employees.
- Create a compelling Kenway brand as the best place to work for employees in every market we serve, and work to increase brand awareness in a cost-effective manner.
- Build and manage diverse network of talent acquisition channels to meet both short- and long-term needs, inclusive of contingent labor partnerships.
- Work closely with CFO to establish annual recruiting and training budgets and to ensure total compensation packages are competitive yet allow the company to realize our profitability goals.
- Oversee an effective and meaningful onboarding program for all new employees.
- Develop and lead a quarterly talent review with leadership team and work with career counselors on agreed-upon development/personnel plans.
- Actively participate with the company management team and share your point of view. Serve as an objective sounding board and counselor to the leadership team.
- Create an HR organization operational plan that supports company initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of HR and office management, inclusive of outsourced vendor relationships, with the opportunity to build an internal team as the company grows.
Cultural Stewardship and Employee Engagement
- Actively seek to understand, adopt, and steward our Why (Mission), Guiding Principles, and drive creative ways to steward Kenway’s culture within the company and market.
- Support our culture of integrity, quality, value, trust, means over outcomes, and respect for each individual by communicating effectively and being of counsel to leadership and employees.
- Oversee and continuously improve company’s Employee Engagement committee and associated activities and events.
- Manage and continuously improve company’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program / committee and associated activities and events.
- Manage Career Counselor program, setting and communicating direction in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Plan and/or sponsor a variety of company events, from quarterly meetings to team building activities.
- Assess current mechanisms to measure cultural health and employee engagement, and work to continuously improve and manage these functions.
- With sponsorship of CEO and leadership team, suggest and support changes that make the company a comfortable, inclusive, and overall great place to work.
Compensation and Performance Management
- Oversee and continuously improve company’s performance management process to ensure it drives fair employee assessments and desired professional development.
- Oversee and continuously improve the company’s Career Path Framework to ensure career paths and employees in them reflect the company’s corporate strategies and growth goals, while ensuring job satisfaction.
- Ensure the Career Path Framework provides the foundation for every employee to understand their expectations, where they are meeting them or falling short, and how they can get the help they need to improve.
- Become indoctrinated in company’s “Above market compensation” guiding principle, and “Value minus cost” compensation philosophy to oversee annual compensation market evaluation and annual compensation adjustments and performance bonus distributions with sponsorship from the CEO and leadership team.
- Accountable for company compliance with all local, state, and federal legislation as it relates to labor, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and wage and hour.
- Anticipate and mitigate litigation risks.
- Maintain and continuously improve an HR system that meets management information and client / government compliance needs.
- Maintain and continuously improve an HR system that enhances the safety, wellness, comfort, job satisfaction and retention of employees.
- Review Employee Handbook and make recommendations for updates, as necessary.
- Manage benefits brokerage relationships and administration processes to ensure employees and their families have quality benefits at competitive costs that fit within the company’s budget.
- Lead coordination and communication of all benefits-related projects such as annual open enrollment, benefits audits, and wellness activities.
- Work with Broker to help remediate issues between staff members and benefit providers.
- Work with accounting to ensure billing and benefit deductions balance and reconcile without any errors.
- Act as point person for company vendors such as cleaning and leasing company and building management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. SPHR certification a plus.
- Minimum of roughly seven years in a management capacity of the HR capability for a professional services company.
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion.
- Proactive self-starter with proven ability to create and execute HR strategies and projects aligned to company objectives and growth goals.
- Adaptable to switch between activities and to navigate ambiguity.
- Goal oriented person that also values the journey.
- Ability to create and build strong, trusting relationships with employees.
- Proven success at recruiting in a fast-paced, professional services environment. Success in filling technology related roles such as software engineers and developers are important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent listener and proven ability to adjust management style to mentor effectively.
- Passionate and appreciative for our culture and uniqueness with excitement to leave a lasting mark on Kenway and our employees.
- Able to see bigger picture of how human resources/culture and coaching support the business and adjust HR strategies as appropriate.
- A strong aptitude and curiosity for new and emerging human resources practices, and a growth mindset to learn and experiment with new ideas.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: 20 N. Clark Street, Suite 1825 Chicago, IL 60602
- Salary Type: Annual