About the Role
Rocket Travel, a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is seeking a Finance & Analytics Lead to join our team. Reporting to the CFO, this role would drive forecasting and financial planning, analysis of new commercial opportunities, and goal-setting and reporting. We are looking for individuals with strong work ethic, solid business acumen, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
As a Finance & Analytics Lead at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Own financial forecasting and planning, including annual budgeting, quarterly re-forecasting, and monthly financial reporting
- Drive top priority projects and creating executive-level presentations and deliverables for our corporate parent (e.g., progress updates, financial memos, materials to support budgeting and forecasting, etc.)
- Build business cases for new products, features or initiatives to drive growth and profitability
- Collaborate with business operations, partnerships, product and other functions to support the financial needs of key business decisions
- Support corporate development and merger/acquisition diligence as necessary
- Research trends and synthesizing public filings in the online travel industry
- Guide company goal-setting and compensation planning process
- Be an advocate for a data and metrics culture throughout the company
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate finance / strategy at a dynamic company. Consumer internet or travel industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Top tier problem-solving skills with the business sense and judgment to make reasonable assumptions and sound decisions.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Can build / iterate on presentations at a very fast pace.
- Technical capabilities in managing complex financial forecasting models in Excel.
- Existing SQL skills are a plus, willingness to learn SQL is a requirement.
- Curiosity to understand all parts of the business in detail.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and experience managing several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we’re all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that’s built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we’ve been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company’s mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.
- Salary Type: Annual