Public Rec is a digitally-native apparel brand on a mission to make comfort look good.
We’re seeking a Freelance Copywriter to write daily brand communications including email,
web, video, and social (organic and paid). This person will work with our internal creative team
to develop compelling and engaging creative weekly. The ideal candidate has 2-4 years of
copywriting experience and is familiar with a fast-paced startup environment.
This role is remote, part-time, and will last 3 months. There is potential for extending or coming
on full-time pending fit. The majority of our team is based in Chicago.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment at Public Rec. Please submit
resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications & Attributes:
● 2-4 years copywriting experience at an agency, in-house, or freelance. Experience with
E-comm and/or direct response marketing is preferred but not necessary.
● Experience understanding and emulating brand voice. Ability to flex brand tone for
various mediums including email, web, video, and social (organic and paid).
● Ability to combine conceptual creative thinking with content delivery.
● Ability to edit for grammar and spelling.
● Self-starter who is motivated, resourceful, and well organized.
● Must include a digital portfolio of previous work.
● Write effective, engaging copy across email, web, video, and social (organic and paid).
● Partner with designers and video editors to deliver strategic and compelling creative.
● Ideate and concept campaign ideas for social and email.
● Demonstrate organizational skills and consistently meet deadlines.
- Salary Type: Annual