Role: Full Stack Web Developer
Public Rec is building a leisure apparel brand with products people love. We’re growing rapidly and looking to add to our sixteen-person team.
We’re seeking a full-stack web developer to help bring web development in-house as we transition from our third-party agency.
As our first in-house development hire, you will work cross-functionally with a group which includes our eCommerce manager, designers, and CRO team. This group’s overall purpose is to create a seamless user experience while maintaining an optimal conversion rate.
Daily responsibilities will include building, implementing, and testing new designs and functionality across our website. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment with a high attention to detail.
Public Rec’s website is built on a modern web stack including the following languages, frameworks, and tools:
React – Gatsby – Contentful – Headless Shopify – Netlify – Optimizely
This is a remote role based in the U.S. Our office is located in Chicago if there is interest in visiting or working from there.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment at Public Rec. Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Thorough understanding and prior experience using React
- Familiarity with JAMstack development architecture and implementation
- Familiarity with Shopify (headless preferred) and eCommerce
- Expert with Git workflows and has worked with BitBucket, GitHub, or GitLab
- Understanding of modern responsive web design patterns as well as browser compatibility, progressive enhancement, and accessibility
- Deep knowledge of modern front-end tooling workflows and build automation
- Static Site Generators (Gatsby preferred)
- Headless CMS (Contentful preferred)
- Ability to work with 3rd party APIs and other web services
- CSS: Animation, Flexbox, Gradients, Transforms, Transitions, Grid, SASS
- Tooling & Build Workflows: Package management, task runners, bundling & transpiling, tree shaking, CSS preprocessors
- Flexible PTO policy with a required minimum
- Health, dental, and short-term disability insurance coverage
- Generous parental leave policy
- Generous employee discount
- Dog-friendly office for Chicago employees
- Salary Type: Annual