Total Years Experience :2 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years
Working closely with the VP, Creative Director, the G9 Art Director will be an integral part of spearheading art direction, design, and brand identity for brand refreshes, town halls, corporate design, media, and marketing materials for Brandshop within Group Nine Media. We are looking for a highly creative individual that excels in visual storytelling for brand identity, color theory, design, typography, photography, video, social media and motion graphics for various G9 brand initiatives. The G9 Art Director must be passionate about designing for corporate, and creating impressive Town Hall experiences for the entire G9 org. This person must be skilled at building out brand identities with a goal to elevate the aesthetic for redesigns and refreshes. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with exquisite taste and vision, who can produce original, innovative, and unique solutions to creative challenges.
The right candidate is a strong collaborator and has experience working with brand identity, corporate design, marketing, editorial, production, and sales teams. This person must be a natural problem-solver, and bring the best creative ideas to the table.
- Collaborate with creative, brand representatives, marketing, workplace, communication, people, and executive teams to provide art direction, branding, and design for various G9 brand initiatives.
- Provide art direction and graphic design for a range of multimedia and interactive brand projects, including but not limited to signage, graphic elements, still-life photography, motion graphics, and video.
- Own Group Nine Town Hall experience, from start to finish; design, flow, scripts, video editing, sizzle reels, production, presentation and execution.
- Work closely with the VP, Creative Director to develop creative positioning in collaboration with executive team.
- Spearhead brand design and consultation for brand refreshes or rebrands for any of the Group Nine brands.
- Provide design and consultation to assist any brands with visual strategy needs based on any new or existing initiatives.
- Support brand tentpoles, events, or any major brand initiative with logo design, brand identity, and style guide development.
- Assist in designing marketing collateral and decks, providing art direction, and visual strategy for Agency Services and White Label requests.
- Lend support to Brandshop Art Department and be a team player when all hands are needed on deck for various projects.
- Create fun and cool company swag, like sweaters, cups, hats, and water bottles.
- Continually push for newness and innovation to improve and elevate brand identity across all G9 brands.
- Develop visually stunning concepts for special projects.
- Handle asset management for G9 corporate design.
- 4+ years of experience in advertising, media, publishing, design firm, or creative agency.
- Strong multimedia and interactive understanding of mixing video, photo, and audio to build engaging virtual corporate experiences.
- Proactively seek knowledge in latest visual storytelling, design & typography trends, social platforms, presentation styles, and industry best practices.
- Design with a sophisticated modern aesthetic with a keen eye for logo design, color theory, and typography.
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating concepts and presenting ideas to clients and leadership.
- Must be seasoned in establishing new workflows and creative processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and presentation design skills using Google Slides, Keynote, and Powerpoint.
- Must possess a positive, flexible, and collaborative attitude.
- Be a genuinely creative thinker with curiosity, overflowing with new ideas.
- Diplomatic, with enthusiasm and great interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to identify opportunities for creative problem solving.
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of art direction and design work. Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected.
NOTE: This position is a 3-month trial contract with an opportunity to extend further.
- Address: 568 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
- Salary Type: Daily