- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Level Bachelors Degree
Summary: The Information Technology Director provides direction and oversight for developing, implementing and continually improving a strategic and effective, Information Technology roadmap which is the infrastructure of TC’s growing presence to include the following platforms: broadcast, multisites, television, as well as supporting the day-to-day staff computing and enterprise systems.
Transformation Church staff enjoy a flexible work environment and schedule. All staff are on-site as their role responsibilities necessitate and enjoy the ability to work off-site as desired. Work hours may include evening and/or weekends depending on role. This adjustable schedule affords each the capability to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- As a TC team member, responsible for personal spiritual formation, growing as an Upward, Inward, Outward disciple of Jesus Christ. This will mainly be expressed through the Five Characteristics of a Transformer (worship, connect, serve, give, invite).
- Manage oversight of all IT functions, providing leadership for technology and related functions to meet strategic requirements.
- Evaluate all current IT systems, team computing and software processes; IT needs and requests; data management; etc. from which to develop a comprehensive IT roadmap, including prioritization of needs, budget, and timelines.
- With oversight from the Executive Pastor and collaboration with Support Service and Creative Arts teams, lead and ensure the coordination and management of IT infrastructure and systems required for creative and engaging weekend services across multiple platforms.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up, disaster recovery, and operations continuity procedures and plans; develops and maintains computing security standards and related to computer systems recovery.
- Build relationships with all teams to understand how technology can help facilitate each ministry and develop long-term strategies to advance the goals of the ministries; ensure information storage systems and accessibility are adequate for team needs.
- Ensure consistent and effective computing tools for all users, including troubleshooting reported technology issues and repairs; software, hard drive, memory installations and upgrades, etc., with minimal interruptions or services failures.
- Develop a preventative maintenance and replacement plan for current technology, assisting with financial asset management as needed.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all necessary vendors, including but not limited to Verizon, Vonage, and all security systems.
- Manage requests for new tools, software, apps, etc. to determine fit within the IT roadmap, ensuring cohesive integration with existing systems and develop new tools as technologies allow (RSS feeds, PDAs, wireless, etc.)
- Oversees and regularly maintains stewardship over the IT budget and other resources for the short- and long-term success of TC; ensures purchases are completed according to established procedures and within the predetermined timetables.
- Discover, develop, disciple, and deploy servant leaders to replicate and grow the IT team.
Competencies Required: To perform successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Prerequisites: Christ follower who allows the Holy Spirit to work in and through oneself and lives a life of worship – Upward, Inward, Outward. Affirms and lives out the TC Vision and Values – multiethnic, multigeneration, and mission-shaped. Acts with high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity.
- Strategic Planning and Innovation: Able to effectively envision, plan and implement strategies to accomplish goals in alignment with the Vision and Values of Transformation Church; looks for new ideas, opportunities, and creative solutions for continual and effective improvement.
- Action Oriented: Initiates action as needed and willing to plunge into tasks/projects despite difficulty or uncertainty; works in an efficient and optimistic manner to achieve goals in a timely fashion; manages multiple projects or tasks at the same time; dependable.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Uses effective relational skills and emotional intelligence to build trust for collaborative and accountable work environment, approaches others tactfully using discernment; exercises discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Organizational and Project Management Skills: Ability to process and track information in an organized, effective manner which leads to the proactive and successful implementation of projects and initiatives; able to manage multiple projects or tasks at the same time; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Collaboration: Works with others to achieve common goals; creates win/win solutions to issues; a relationship builder in team-focused environment.
- Communication: Clearly and concisely communicates effectively through all written channels; communicates well verbally in one-on-one and small group contexts; checks for understanding and clarity.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adapts and responds positively to changing circumstances and competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Computer/Technical Skills: Ability to manage many diverse aspects of an IT environment from deskside support to strategic planning, including, but not limited to Active Directory Management, Microsoft Windows Server and Windows workstations, MS Office 365, and Storage Area Networks.
- Familiar with Vonage or another cloud-based VoIP based phone system
- Working knowledge of Dell SonicWALL router and smart switches.
- Working knowledge of Aruba Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Hardware support of PC and MAC based computers.
- Management of shared network printers.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge or use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point). ASANA and MyTC experience desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree or equivalent with three years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree and five years’ related experience in ministry context preferred.
- Language Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and correspondence. Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees, servant leaders and external contacts.
- Computer and Mathematical Ability:
Demonstrated computer networking management, skilled with both PC and Apple systems; Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, including ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in unique situations.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/AED Certification may be required (provided by Transformation Church).
Supervisory Responsibilities: May build and oversee a team of servant leaders.
The work environment characteristics described here represents that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful candidate will work under a variety of lighting conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here represent that which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this role include the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.