Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Support Engineer to join our proactive Technology Services team. Our team is all about figuring out where the root cause of a Help Desk request lies and implementing a solution that will allow people to self-solve in the future. And we’ve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has actually decreased year over year. We’re looking for someone with the technological savvy to help us keep up this record and engineer even smarter solutions. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate requests to maintain high SLAs for resolution and response time
- Communicate complex technologies and systems in the form of notes, manuals, and walkthroughs for users with a range of technical experience
- Use ticket trends to conceptualize and implement solutions that decrease the total number of incoming support tickets
- Work cross-functionally to understand other teams’ needs and collaborate with key stakeholders to engineer tools to meet those needs
- Think big picture when it comes to supporting roughly 2,000 iOS, 600 macOS, 1,100 ChromeOS, and 100 Windows devices (most of which are remote)
- Exhibit thoughtfulness, confidence and know-how when deploying a solution at all endpoints in a short period of time
- Efficiently manage time to balance day-to-day tasks with long-term projects
- Initiate project inception research and testing, and then connect with peers and senior team members to conceptualize and review your work
- Participate in a seven-day on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or in a similar role
- Proficient in Jamf Pro and G Suite management
- Someone with hands-on experience with Windows, Linux, macOS, and ChromeOS environments
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical and networking issues using industry-standard tactics and methodologies
- Highly knowledgeable about computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech devices
- A clear, coherent communicator who can provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- A motivated team player who is eager to work cross-functionally
- A resilient problem-solver who can fail gracefully and recover quickly
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proficient in Windows management (specifically AD, MDM, GPOs management)
- Certified in Cisco, Jamf, G Suite, and Microsoft
- Knowledgeable of network protocols, including DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, OSPF, DMVPN, L2TP, IPSec, VPN, TCP/IP
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
- Salary Type: Annual