Warby Parker is on the lookout for a well-rounded Support Engineer to join our Technology Services team. Our team is all about figuring out the root cause of a Help Desk request and engineering tools that allow people to self-solve in the future. And we’re successful! As our organization has grown, the incoming ticket count has decreased each year. Now, we’re looking for someone with the technological savvy to help us provide even smarter, more sustainable support.
Our ideal candidate exhibits thoughtfulness, confidence, and expertise when deploying a solution at all endpoints in a short period of time. They’re a big-picture thinker, which will help them oversee our fleet of roughly 2,500 iOS, 700 macOS, 1,500 ChromeOS, and 100 Windows devices. Most important: They’re an empathetic team player who can work cross-functionally to understand other teams’ needs and collaborate with stakeholders to engineer solutions. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support and manage our extensive SaaS catalog following SaaSOps best practices
- Execute on assigned tasks to continuously improve our Zero Trust and automated user lifecycle management landscape
- Manage, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate requests to maintain high SLAs for resolution and response time
- Help improve our security posture by working cross-functionally with our Security Operations team
- Ensure business continuity by responding to, troubleshooting, and resolving internet outages at our retail locations
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex networking anomalies while contributing to continuous improvement
- Communicate complex technologies and systems in the form of notes, manuals, and walk-throughs for users with a range of technical experience
- Use trends to conceptualize and implement solutions that decrease the total number of incoming support tickets
- Initiate project inception research and testing, and then connect with peers and senior team members to conceptualize and review your work
- Participate in a seven-day, on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Proficient in Jamf Pro and G Suite management—as well as Windows, Linux, macOS, and ChromeOS environments
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical and networking issues using industry-standard tactics and methodologies
- Highly knowledgeable about computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech devices
- A clear, coherent communicator who can provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Familiar with major PaaS providers
- A resilient problem-solver who can fail gracefully and recover quickly
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proficiency in Windows management (specifically AD, MDM, and GPOs management)
- Cisco, Jamf, G Suite, and Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of various network protocols: DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, OSPF, DMVPN, L2TP, IPSec, VPN, TCP/IP
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
- Salary Type: Annual