About This Position:
Kenway Consulting is a Management and IT consulting firm looking for candidates interested in an Application Development experience in a consulting environment. At Kenway you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact with our world-class clients. Our projects tend to focus primarily on enterprise solutions, straddling our clients’ technology and business organizations. Most of these engagements require a diverse combination of skills and experience. At Kenway, we address these needs by identifying the services and solutions that are required to solve our client’s business challenges. We then provide the appropriate mix of resources to build the optimal project team for each engagement. This approach not only allows us to take on projects ranging in size and complexity, but it also allows us to adjust capacity and skill sets as the project evolves, or as client needs change. Ultimately, our goal is to provide the highest possible quality for the lowest possible cost.
This role will be focused on designing, implementing, and constructing reusable services and frameworks that solve our clients’ critical technology and business problems.
Core Traits We Are Seeking
- Entrepreneurship – Passion to fuel growth by helping clients, peers, the organization and yourself with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Tenacity – Ability to drive through ambiguity, bring clarity and consensus, and drive key decisions.
- Executive Presence – Clear, concise, and articulate when using written and verbal channels.
- Communication – Adept at communicating quickly and effectively whether the message is good or bad.
- Aptitude – You climb steep learning curves quickly and can nimbly transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Integrity – Comfortable doing what is right for the project even when doing so may not be the most favorable path forward.
- Growth Mindset – Proactively develop core skills independently and with the help of others.
- Comfort level with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Experience with object-oriented programming and developing software with C# or Java
- Experience with relational databases, stored procedures, data modeling, ORM
- Experience with MVC or related design patterns
- Experience with application builds/deployments and DevOps
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS or Git
- Experience with developing Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- .NET / Java
- SQL Server
- React / Angular
- Cloud: AWS or Azure
What our company looks like
- An inclusive, team-driven environment, working together to identify clients, technologies, and people in support of Kenway’s ambitious growth targets
- All of our consultants participate in internal operations giving you a chance to help in your area of interest like Marketing, Human Resources or Technology
What we offer our Consultants
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and the support to make it happen
- The chance to have a balanced lifestyle by working with local (Chicagoland) clients in a flexible consulting model
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative team that is passionate about their clients
- A competitive compensation package and exceptional benefits
** This role will be remote until the city of Chicago provides more guidelines around Covid-19 reopenings. Once the city re-opens and our clients return to their physical locations, the expectation is that Kenway Consultants will need to live/work in Chicago.
- Salary Type: Annual