Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full – Time, Exempt
As the Operations Supervisor, this individual is responsible for the setting and following up on the expectations to ensure the operating plan is met daily within the facility. This role will be involved in key areas including managing receipts of inbound freight movement, processing of value added services and order processing, and shipping. This individual will also be responsible for building a strong and capable team and their ongoing development.
- Responsible for the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives for the FEC
- Responsible for assisting with ISO and LEAN strategies across the FEC operations
- Responsible for planning the correct headcount for their department based on productivity resulting in positive CPU results
- Managing available resources daily in order to execute against the daily plan and requirements as communicated by the Operations Manager
- Assists with establishing procedures (SOP’s) for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that execution satisfies customer expectations and quality standards.
- Proficient in understanding WMS capabilities, application to processes and recommending system enhancements and/or changes
- Reviews and publishes reporting against performance, plans and providing interpretation of results
- Formulates and recommends policies and programs within the FEC that guide the organization in maintaining and improving partner/fan experience
- Identify, recommend and execute accepted improvements positively impacting productivity, achieving budget and reducing cost
- Drive a culture that emphasizes open communication, continuous improvement, empowerment, recognition and workplace safety
- Support and coordinate against major facility projects related to operational or structural changes
- Partner with People & Culture to deploy leadership development opportunities, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged workforce
- Participate in cross-functional KEEN quality and operational calls
- Participate within teams sponsoring new ideas on process, value add to customer and efficiencies
- Makes decisions that impact multiple internal teams and customers
- Contribute to an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and concern for others
- Seek and take advantage of growth and learning opportunities
- Use effective communication and listening skills
- Exhibit a high level of personal responsibility and ownership
- Demonstrate personal accountability and integrity
- 3-5+ years of experience with Logistics, Distribution Operations, and management of 3PL service providers
- Demonstrated success in the management of people and very strong leadership traits
- Strong communication skills -Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to speak to groups of varying sizes and levels of the company.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Proficient in WMS systems preferably Manhattan’s suite of applications and how they relate to inventory control and order fulfillment accuracy
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehouse operations
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines.
- Must have knowledge/ability to document processes, create proposals and presentations.
- Strong user of MS Office packages, with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Ability to quickly calculate and accurately manipulate and create spreadsheets.
- Understanding of global supply chain information systems and transactions. SAP systems experience a plus
- Able to work in office environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Other duties as assigned by management
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, supervisors, customers and partners.
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place. Learn more about what we’re doing for a better planet here.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples. KEEN is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
- Salary Type: Annual