Razeware is currently hiring a video editor to help produce top quality video courses at raywenderlich.com. Apply now!
Do you have a creative streak with impeccable attention to detail?
Do you have experience editing videos in Adobe Premiere Pro?
Better yet, what if you could do this remotely, from the comfort of your own home.
This isn’t just a dream job – this can be a reality.
We are currently hiring a part-time video editor to help create top quality video courses for our site! These require attention to detail, along with an eye towards upgrading our editing standards and process and helping our other video editors level up their skills. The hours for this position are flexible at around 15-30 hours per week.
This job is ideal if you…
- are creative
- are passionate about creating high quality work
- have a great attention to detail
- have the ability to follow follow a prescribed editing process
- have great communication skills
- want to work with a friendly and supportive community of like-minded people
- consider yourself self-motivated, highly productive, and a go-getter!
Keep reading to find out more about us and the job, and to learn how to apply.
Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. Over the past 10 years, our community has published over 4,000 videos, 2,000 articles, and 50 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
Razeware is a small bootstrapped company with just 19 full-time team members (and growing!), and the wider team, raywenderlich.com consists of a wide network of over 300 part-time contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site. Our entire company is remote, and this job is too!
I think if you want to work somewhere, it’s important what the values of the company are. Here are ours:
- High quality work. Our goal is to create the highest quality tutorials on the Internet.
- Learn & share. We love to learn new things, and share that knowledge with others.
- Support each other. We are a friendly and supportive community. We work as a team, and lift each other up.
- Iterate. We continually improve on everything that we do.
Razeware is a fully-remote company, and we embrace it in everything we do. We favor strong and transparent communication, working asynchronously and autonomously, and support extremely flexible work schedules.
About the Job
As a Video Editor, you will be editing both our spotlight courses and also our core courses:
- Core Course example – these courses are usually longer and the instructor is on screen, usually with a greenscreen. They include lecture and demo segments.
- Spotlight Course example – these courses are usually shorter & the instructor is not on screen, instead there are full screen slides in the lecture segments.
To do this, you will go through all of the steps our prescribed editing process from:
- organising & ensuring all of the recording files are of a high quality
- editing the lecture segments
- editing the demo segments
- putting the episode together with title & ending slides including any transitions or animations needed
- exporting the final videos
- doing a final pass edit on the exported files
- uploading the final files
You’ll also be required to edit other types of videos such as promos & communicate effectively with the Video Team Lead as well as the Video Instructor for the course – clarifying any discrepancies and providing overall feedback at the end.
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years of experience editing using Premiere Pro (including a subscription to Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Experience using tools such as Adobe Premiere, Dropbox, Github, Trello, Google Docs, Keynote and Discord
- Other video-editing software experience such as Adobe Audition, Screenflow for example (not required but a plus)
- Ability to work from a Mac
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment
What’s In It For You
- Remote working: live anywhere!
- A competitive rate of pay
- Flexible working hours
- Work with a friendly, supportive, & unique team! :]
Where To Go From Here?
If this sounds like your dream job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, plus the answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Please send links to anything you’ve edited with details of what you did
We are excited to hear from you! :]
- Address: 1882 Hawksbill Road, McGaheysville, VA 22840
- Salary Type: Monthly