Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist interested in solving one of the world’s largest problems: financial inclusion. As a Data Scientist, you will lead data science initiatives that drive improvements in customer experience, operational efficiency, and recovery. You will own the modeling cycle through scoping, development, deployment, and after-sale, and monitoring, with a keen focus on business outcomes and stakeholder management.
What you’ll do:
- Own the full-cycle of a model from ideation and training through deployment into our production environment, working closely with stakeholders in the Recoveries team throughout the development
- Monitor model performance and provide after-sale service to stakeholders, iterating rapidly if necessary
- Partner with Recoveries stakeholders to Identify, test, and implement omnichannel communication models and segmentation
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to integrate modeling outputs with recoveries infrastructure and broader product
- Provide guidance and mentorship for a junior team member in the development of a model for a specific market
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a data science role or equivalent position
- 1+ year of experience leading the execution of end to end machine learning solutions for business stakeholders
- Fluent in Python and packages related to machine learning
- Proficient in SQL
- High level of statistical competency, knowledge of experimental design and analysis
- Experience with the full modeling cycle, from scoping and development through deployment, after-sale, and monitoring
- Strong collaborator and communicator, tell stories through data and effective visualization
Nice to Have:
- Experience with causal modeling techniques such as uplift modeling
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Type: Annual