The Workman Speakers Bureau is looking for a full-time Senior Manager to head up the bureau and work with authors from all the Workman imprints and divisions, including Workman, Algonquin, Artisan, Storey, Timber, The Experiment, and others.
- Pitching, negotiating, and booking paid speaking engagements for the Workman Speakers Bureau’s roster of speakers and any other authors whom we publish. This includes general speaker inquiries from venues, clients, and potential sponsors by email and/or by phone, as well as proactive outreach to new venues, conferences, and corporations.
- Creating and reviewing event contracts; coordinating logistics with each venue; booking author travel; working with the sales department to coordinate book sales for bureau events.
- Writing pitch materials, speaker bios, and maintaining the Speakers Bureau website.
- Attending launch and strategy meetings to identify new author talent to join the roster.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of book publishing experience; relevant experience with a lecture agency preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter
About Workman Publishing:
Workman Publishing Co., Inc., is an independently owned family of publishers, including Workman Publishing, Workman Audio, Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, Algonquin Young Readers, Artisan, Storey Publishing, and Timber Press. Workman also partners with The Experiment, duopress, Erewhon Books, Familius, and Future House Publishing. Workman publishes award-winning children’s books, cookbooks, parenting/pregnancy guides, and books on gardening, country living, and humor, as well as gift books, fiction, and the bestselling calendar line in the business. The company is headquartered in New York City’s Greenwich Village, with additional offices in Chapel Hill, North Carolina; North Adams, Massachusetts; and Portland, Oregon. For more information, visit workman.com.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant bureau experience to email@example.com. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Workman Publishing is steadfast in its commitment to innovation, creativity, inclusion, and excellence. Our focus is to create a diverse and supportive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are welcome, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any of the other fascinating characteristics that make each of us wonderfully unique. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below, and we look forward to hearing from you.
- Address: 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014
- Salary Type: Annual