At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Senior Site Reliability Software Engineer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating world-class software applications that power Warby Parker day in and day out. We build most of our technology in-house (think: e-commerce systems, business systems, and everything in between). The point-of-sale system, called “Point of Everything,” that supports our 100+ retail fleet? The Prescription Check app that lets our customers renew their glasses prescriptions from home? The enterprise resource planning software that runs our entire business operations? We built them all—and more!—by listening closely to customers and collaborators alike (from Finance to Supply Chain) and by being relentlessly iterative. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to oversee a product’s lifecycle while keeping code quality top of mind. If you’re a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we’re looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership and promote the adoption of new technologies that advance and evolve our infrastructure and environments
- Support the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health and design
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of all production software
- Measure and optimize system performance, all the while setting higher standards of operational excellence, proactively addressing business concerns, and bringing forth innovative solutions
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for software engineering teams
- Diagnostic technical issues and solve complex infrastructure problems
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Expert at cloud infrastructure, particularly the AWS ecosystem
- Expert at supporting webscale applications
- Expert in DevOps practices, such as CI\CD, monitoring, and testing
- Experience with distributed storage & database technologies such as S3, Aurora, BigTable, Postgresql, etc.
- Experience with Linux Operating System
- Experience with networking concepts (DNS, etc.)
- Proficient and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Proficient in agile work processes—you’re comfortable breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Proficient in system & process documentation
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
- Salary Type: Annual