|Job Title: SEO Specialist||Date: March 2021|
|Reports to: Sr. SEO Manager||Department: eCommerce|
|Status: Full-time, salaried||Direct Reports: 0|
The SEO Specialist is responsible for executing optimization initiatives for the organization’s US and regional websites to understand the customer journey and optimize it for organic search. This role implements SEO strategy by utilizing a prioritized roadmap of projects and initiatives to ensure there is alignment amongst internal teams, implement changes, and monitor the impacts.
- Researches and implements SEO recommendations on website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes website analytics. Identifies trends and insights to achieve maximum organic traffic impact
- Performs ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Works with editorial and marketing teams to advise on SEO in content creation and content programming
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of enterprise-level SEO experience with a proven track record of optimizing websites, mobile, video, and/or social to obtain prominent search rankings for competitive head and long tail keywords
- Previous or current experience in a B2C and/or multi-channel retail environment
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, SEO best practices
- Experience working with SEO tools like Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Conductor or SEMRush
- Advanced-level Google Analytics and/or Certified
- A self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data driven decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable managing multiple assignments with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- International SEO experience, local SEO, shopping feed management, and structured data knowledge a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system (like Jira, Basecamp, etc.) a plus
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
- Address: 515 NW 13th Avenue, Portland Oregon 97209
- Salary Type: Annual