The Investor Relations department seeks a highly motivated individual who has a solid understanding of financial markets and can analyze investor activity to support our client’s IR initiatives. This individual should possess a keen interest in market activity and industry developments and must be able to articulate those developments fluently in written and oral communications to our clients. This individual will join a growing team of analysts focused on the delivery of equity market intelligence and stock surveillance reports. We seek an analyst who can communicate effectively with various levels of senior management of publicly traded firms. Candidates should be resourceful, motivated, and able to objectively communicate market and investor activity to our clients. This analyst will provide a critical and objective analysis of publicly traded companies, indicating how their stock is evaluated and viewed as an investment vehicle, offering perception analysis of the investment community, and tracking institutional buying and selling activity.
Candidates will be asked to monitor relevant market developments, fluctuations in stock prices, and industry news on behalf of corporate clients. Additionally, this candidate will analyze settlement activity to derive institutional buyers and sellers of shares. Extensive knowledge of Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is a requirement as this analyst will create client reports summarizing trade activity and stock performance. The candidate will be expected to gain an in-depth understanding of the clients’ industry and business prospects and be able to work within a varied number of industry sectors.
- A very detailed-oriented individual with 3-5 years of job-related experience.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to easily handle and present financial data.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the stock market, financial instruments, and the investment process that would come from experience dealing with sophisticated financial instruments and markets.
- Should possess an ability to oversee and absorb large amounts of information and be capable of working independently.
Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree is required: Degrees in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related field of study preferred.
- Fluency in another language other than English can be a plus.
- Must have prior experience working with data from various sources such as Bloomberg, FactSet, and Reuters.
- Must be capable of developing relationships with a wide variety of industry participants including portfolio managers, analysts, and “C-suite” level executives.
- Extensive knowledge of Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Experience with R, SQL, MATLAB a plus.
- Address: 501 Madison Avenue, New York, NY
- Salary Type: Annual