As a Talent Acquisition Manager for Retail, you will be responsible for recruiting and hiring top talent for both existing and new Warby Parker East Region retail stores. You will also take on the important role of creating an unmatched experience as candidates navigate through the interview and hiring process. This is the perfect position for someone who loves to travel, excels with strict timelines, and takes pride in building the best store teams in the country.
This role can be based out of our New York headquarters or based remotely in the East Coast region.
What you’ll do:
- Based on each position within the store, establish strategies to effectively research, source, and recruit candidates
- Maintain a continuous network of internal and external talent
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement efforts, while ensuring accurate reporting (analysis of candidate flow, cost per hire, turnover, and attrition, accepted/unaccepted offers, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build effective relationships with store leaders and cross-functional partners (District Managers, Area Leaders, Talent Managers, Human Resources) to ensure alignment of the recruitment process
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize in a fast-paced, high volume recruiting environment
- Skilled in current recruiting technologies, including but not limited to; Applicant Tracking Systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, social and onboarding tools
- Knowledge and experience in Diverse and Inclusive competency-based interviewing
- Manage the full-lifecycle interview process, as well as the scheduling and logistics for all travel associated with interviews (both for the recruiting manager and candidates)
- Strong Business Acumen, understanding the business and ensures talent strategies + plans are focused on driving a necessary business outcome
- Inspire, motivate and develop a team of 1-2 individuals
Who you are:
- 4+ years of full-lifecycle recruiting experience and working with senior-level talent in complex roles
- Previous people management experience
- A problem-solver who thinks creatively to drive innovative sourcing strategies and unparalleled candidate experiences
- Proven track record of strong organizational skills, team collaboration, and resourcefulness
- A motivated, self-starter with a passion (and understanding!) of the brand
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Someone with the ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- GreenHouse Expert
- G-Suite User
- Knowledge of US labor and employment laws
- Background and experience in retail and/or optical recruiting
- Experience in developing and delivering effective recruiting strategies
- Background in a complex retail environment in an area, or district leadership capacity
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for Full-Time Employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
- Salary Type: Annual